I went to the doctor. He x-rayed my head.
He stared for a moment and here's what he said.
"It looks like you've got a banana in there,
an apple, an orange, a peach, and a pear.
I also see something that looks like a shoe,
a plate of spaghetti, some fake doggy doo,
an airplane, an arrow, a barrel, a chair,
a salmon, a camera, some old underwear,
a penny, a pickle, a pencil, a pen,
a hairy canary, a hammer, a hen,
a whistle, a thistle, a missile, a duck,
an icicle, bicycle, tricycle, truck.
With all of the junk that you have in your head
it's kind of amazing you got out of bed.
The good news, at least, is you shouldn't feel pain.
From what I can see here you don't have a brain."
--Kenn Nesbitt
This is where this year begins.. really begins.
I've had the amazing privilege of homeschooling my kids for the past 12 weeks. Though it has been difficult at times, the joy far outweighed the hardship. I knew that homeschooling was not a permeant journey, as we intended to transition the kids back into public school once we were back stateside. We thought that we were down for the count with the army, but through prayer and preserving we are beginning to see the light at the end of this journey. We have a renewed hope that we will be able to continue in this army life. Wes will be in MD by the end of the month being evaluated by Walter Reed Army Medical Center. We are believing that they will find Wes fit for duty and that this MEB process will stop. So it is with a step of faith that we are placing the children back into the school system. This is what both of our babies want. It does sadden me and in a thousand ways I feel like a failure. It is evident that I have a million things flooding my mind, but according to Nesbitt the good news is I should not feel any pain~ I never had a brain.
No comments:
Post a Comment