"In theory, that sounds so easy. A pat spiritual answer -- just focus on God's truth, found in His word, and our fears will just melt away. So why do I worry and fret? Why is it so hard to trust God during times of uncertainty? Personal experience has shown me a few uncomfortable realities about myself. I have a short memory for truth when the trials of life pile in on me. I suspect you are the same way. So what, then, is the answer? What will help us remember and apply truth to life when we need it? What will help us conquer our fears?
Practice." ~Ruth Graham
People say that practice makes perfect. If this holds true then I am not so sure that I want the "perfect" status to apply to every area of my life. There are many things that I walked through in 2009 that I do not want to "practice" again.
My prayer is that I have the ability to remember those lessons learned and press on in hope that today will be better. One day at a time is exactly how I want this year to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment