Thursday, January 14, 2010

Just Wait

Today was a beautiful day for many reasons. One the ground is still covered in a beautiful blanket of snow, and two I spent the majority of the day talking, sharing, and enjoying the presence of dear friends. It is not surprising that time slipped away from us. When we thought to check the time it was already five minutes past time for my son to be released from school.

In our small German community most everyone walks to and from school. This is our daily routine as well. Every afternoon, I wait on my son to come bouncing out of the school by the same white fence as all the other moms.

Today, I was not there.

When I arrived at the school, everyone was gone. My little guy was no where in sight. I walked calmly into the school expecting to see him. He was not there. I asked the front office if he had come back inside, they had not seen him. As I was walking back outside to the school yard, I spotted my son coming around the corner of the white fence. He seemed ok, but when he spotted me he ran to me. He pressed his face into my jacket and began to cry. He was frightened because without warning I had broken our routine. Instead of waiting in our spot, he ventured on his own. He soon became scared then he turned back and headed to the place where we meet daily. When he saw me, the emotions overwhelmed him. I just wanted to scoop him up and hold him for a while and believe me I would have, but the kiddo is almost a big as me.

The whole ordeal has made me ponder.

How often do we do the same thing?

As a daughter of Christ, I know just where to find Him. When I need to be in His presence, I know exactly where to go. But many times.. I run into a trial or circumstance without warning and I do not see Him. Instead of waiting on Him in the place where I know that He will be, I venture out on my own. I think that I know the right path to follow and just like my little man, I soon become fearful and have to run back to the place that I should have just stayed and waited all along.

Psalm 27:14 (New American Standard Bible)
Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.



Waiting is never easy, but it can be joyful. We must take courage and know that our abba father will not leave us forsaken.

Isaiah 49:16
I have engraved you on the palms of my hands. Your walls are always in my presence.


Even if we can not see him. He is there. He is by that white fence. Trust Him. Even if you have walked your own path for a very long time. He is only one breath away. Call upon his name.. The Name of Jesus. He will come running to you, just stand still and WAIT!

No comments: