Friday, January 8, 2010

Set to Music

No one should ever compare one trail to another. For each trial, each tragedy is unique of its own. The pain, the struggle, the healing come in different measures. But isn't this exactly what we do? I have met countless people who wallow in misery. I too have found myself on the 'poor is me' floor. I am realizing that misery is a choice. Yes, tragedy strikes and it is awful. But how we react is all on us.

I have been hit by some harsh critics in the past few months. For a sugar coated southern girl, this is hard to deal with. But I am learning how to heal, how to let go, how to stand firm in the face of adversity, and most of all how to get over the addiction of approval and the need to please everybody.

The truth is, I have ONE that I must answer to. Let me set my sights on HIM. Let me treasure HIS word in my heart. Let me be rejuvenated.. Let me SING!

Psalm 119:49-56 (The Message)
Remember what you said to me, your servant—
I hang on to these words for dear life!
These words hold me up in bad times;
yes, your promises rejuvenate me.
The insolent ridicule me without mercy,
but I don't budge from your revelation.
I watch for your ancient landmark words,
and know I'm on the right track.
But when I see the wicked ignore your directions,
I'm beside myself with anger.
I set your instructions to music
and sing them as I walk this pilgrim way.

I meditate on your name all night, God,
treasuring your revelation, O God.
Still, I walk through a rain of derision
because I live by your Word and counsel.

No comments: