This previous week on my way home from an exhausting week of PWOC Worship & Study, I realized that my relationship with my daughter was in serious need of attention and that the women that God has surrounded me with who have daughters around the same age as mine, are all dealing with the same issues as me. I desperately want to have a close relationship my daughter and to have joy and fun with her. But this is very difficult for me because I do not have a close relationship with my own mother. So I do not know what a healthy mother/daughter relationship looks like.
As I shared my heart with these women, we all realized that we each needed to celebrate our daughters. So we decided to make a commitment to one another and hold each other accountable to building a strong, loving, and fun relationship with our girls. One of the things that we are going to do is have a monthly "Celebrate Our Daughters" day. Today was the first of many. We all met at a local Italian restaurant and one by one shared our 3 favorite things about our daughters then we presented each daughter with a gift that will be a daily reminder our our love for each other and our commitment to work on improving our relationships. It was a beautiful time as each mom shared. Needless to say there was not a dry eye at the table. The gift that I chose for Ashlynn & I to share is a set of mood-rings(fun!) that say I love you in German (Ich Dich).
We all had a blast. I hope that you enjoy the photos and are encouraged to begin this with your own daughters.
No comments:
Post a Comment