Here is the latest update from Lacey.. Thank you all for praying.. I can hear the sounds of mountains moving!
Just wanted to update everyone...
I started an anti-seizure medication called Keppra on I believe Thursday or Friday of last week. I started on 500mg and then had the dose upped to 1000mg on Tuesday. On Monday and Tuesday I only passed out/seized 1 time...WooHoo! That is a record low for me. Then yesterday it didn't happen a single time!!!!!!!!!! I haven't had a day without passing out/seizing since August!!! I am so thrilled. If I can go 1 week without passing out my nuerologist will allow me to be left alone again. I will still need my walker and things, but I so what...Josh can return to work and we can stay in the Army! Praise the Lord! He is always right on time! I have had a good day today too...no passing out yet!!! Next week, I will be going up to 1500mg. Once I go 3 months, I can drive again...WooHoo! If you know me you know I love to drive...I get that from my Dad.
My neurologist Dr.Rafiq said though the Keppra is working, it doesn't mean that there isn't something else going on. Since I have so many other problems, we are going to keep testing to find out what else is wrong. The incontinence has gotten better which is great!
We move on December 4 to a single story home. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! The freedom to be able to get around my house will be wonderful! I won't have to worry about falling down the stairs or getting my walker through a doorway!
I had been told to stop drinking diet drinks to see if that helped...I went Monday without anything diet drinks and forgot on Tuesday...so I started again today. Hey I will try anything.
Here are a list of my doctors appointments so you can join with Josh and I in prayer...
Friday November 21 @ 9am - I go in for a Lumbar Punture/Spinal Tap
-The actual puncture is at 11am and then I will have to wait atleast 2 hrs before I can go home.
Monday November 24 @ 1:30pm - MRI of the Whole Spine with and without contrast
-The test will last about 3hrs...I am very claustrophobic...it may be open, but I still have a very hard time staying calm.
Wednesday November 26 @ 1:30pm - John Hopkins Epilepsy Center - WOOHOO!!!
-My Nuerologist has already my tests by FedEx to them and they scheduled an urgent consult with us! God is so great!
Tuesday December 2 @ 9:30am - I see an endocrinologist. I am on a waiting list for cancelled appointments. He is working closely with my neurologist on trying to find out what is wrong.
Thank you so much for all your prayers! I know they are working! God is so faithful and knows the right timing for every situation!!!
Lacey Redditt :o)
I started an anti-seizure medication called Keppra on I believe Thursday or Friday of last week. I started on 500mg and then had the dose upped to 1000mg on Tuesday. On Monday and Tuesday I only passed out/seized 1 time...WooHoo! That is a record low for me. Then yesterday it didn't happen a single time!!!!!!!!!! I haven't had a day without passing out/seizing since August!!! I am so thrilled. If I can go 1 week without passing out my nuerologist will allow me to be left alone again. I will still need my walker and things, but I so what...Josh can return to work and we can stay in the Army! Praise the Lord! He is always right on time! I have had a good day today too...no passing out yet!!! Next week, I will be going up to 1500mg. Once I go 3 months, I can drive again...WooHoo! If you know me you know I love to drive...I get that from my Dad.
My neurologist Dr.Rafiq said though the Keppra is working, it doesn't mean that there isn't something else going on. Since I have so many other problems, we are going to keep testing to find out what else is wrong. The incontinence has gotten better which is great!
We move on December 4 to a single story home. I am so excited I can hardly stand it! The freedom to be able to get around my house will be wonderful! I won't have to worry about falling down the stairs or getting my walker through a doorway!
I had been told to stop drinking diet drinks to see if that helped...I went Monday without anything diet drinks and forgot on Tuesday...so I started again today. Hey I will try anything.
Here are a list of my doctors appointments so you can join with Josh and I in prayer...
Friday November 21 @ 9am - I go in for a Lumbar Punture/Spinal Tap
-The actual puncture is at 11am and then I will have to wait atleast 2 hrs before I can go home.
Monday November 24 @ 1:30pm - MRI of the Whole Spine with and without contrast
-The test will last about 3hrs...I am very claustrophobic...it may be open, but I still have a very hard time staying calm.
Wednesday November 26 @ 1:30pm - John Hopkins Epilepsy Center - WOOHOO!!!
-My Nuerologist has already my tests by FedEx to them and they scheduled an urgent consult with us! God is so great!
Tuesday December 2 @ 9:30am - I see an endocrinologist. I am on a waiting list for cancelled appointments. He is working closely with my neurologist on trying to find out what is wrong.
Thank you so much for all your prayers! I know they are working! God is so faithful and knows the right timing for every situation!!!
So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. (Mark 11:22-23 NKJV)
Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. (Mark 11:24 NKJV)
Lacey Redditt :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment