Sunday, March 14, 2010

What did the momma tomato say to the baby tomato?

Ketchup! (hehe)

Here goes my attempt to catch-up on the events of the last few weeks.

We said good-bye to Germany February 18th. Our flight from Germany to Chicago to Alabama went very smoothly. We were all exhausted and a little frizzy around the edges when we arrived in Bama, but we were all together and well. (Word of advice.. get the pasta NOT the chicken when flying AA)

Our short stay in Bama was very hectic to say the least. It was all business and not much visiting. However we did get a lot accomplished, including purchasing a new vehicle for our journey. We bought a black crew cab GMC Serria Z71 4 wheel drive with the best package... all leather, heated seats, Bose stereo. It is nice and we got a steal of a deal. This little country girl is very happy. I told my love that I want a tag that says, "Silly boys, trucks are for girls!" I am not sure that he agrees.

While in Bama, I did get to meet baby Trey. He has stolen my heart. He is so smart. I swear that he asks for me in sign. I miss him and my Ranna already.

We also celebrated the 85th birthday of Wesley's grandpa and discovered that our little red head is quite the stand-up comedian.

From Bama we headed to Louisiana. We avoided the interstate and enjoyed the sights of country roads and the flavors of "hole-in-the-wall" diners. We drove slow and enjoyed the journey. Wes even ate an alligator sandwich. Yuck!


When we arrived in LA, we were greeted by my dear friend Jody, She is one of the sisters of my soul. I love her so much. I first met Jody at Fort Gordon Georgia in 2006. She has been my sister ever since. I can't imagine my life without her in it. We all enjoyed our time in LA with her and her family. We flew kites, had nerf war fights, celebrated the birth of Nicky-Baucker. It could have only been better had Snop been able to share the time with us.










From LA we traveled to TX, again avoiding the interstate. Along the way we stopped at a little cafe called The Branding Iron. Oh my heaven, that was some amazing food. My mouth is watering just recalling it. We arrived in Killeen in time to enjoy MORE good food with our dear friends The Graves. We were also quickly smothered in doggy kisses from the two four-legged Graves'.



On day two in TX we drove to see my sister Misty and her sweet family. The twins have grown so much. They are absolutely beautiful and so hilarious. I am extremely proud of my sister and her husband Eric. They are wonderful parents. I am amazed at how the girls follow such a great routine. The kids played everyday until they nearly passed out. The big boys enjoyed some "game-time" while the girls did some shopping, of course! Killeen is not in short supply of great food and places to shop. Our time went by too quickly.





We left TX late at night and drove straight through to CO. We were in KS when the sun rose over the horizon. KS is as flat as a pancake, but it is beautiful.


Arriving in CO was like a dream. Words just can't describe the beauty that this state holds.

We moved into our new home last Sunday. When I walked through our front door for the first time, I literally just cried. It is far greater than anything that I could have imagined. Our neighborhood is thriving and we are so hopeful of what our future holds.



On the first day in our home we were greeted by one of the most precious women that I have ever met. Rebecca has shown my family such love and generosity. She is a beautiful portrait of Christ. I am truly humbled by her friendship.

I seriously have no idea why our hearts were lead to Colorado. It is all being revealed one small step at a time. None-the-less, I do know for certain that our family has together taken a giant leap of faith; no matter what the outcome of this journey we will all be stronger for having listened and followed.

I hope that you will take this journey with us in your heart and in your prayers. Come what may... it is going to be a grand adventure.

3 comments:

Lacey Redditt said...

Wow what an amazing trip, I feel like I should say amazing journey though. Your pictures are wonderful! I am so glad you all are loving your new place and truck ;o) I feel a trip to CO is in my future! I have missed you so much! Welcome Home! :o) Love you sis!

Kilgo4 said...

Lacey, come on. The door is always open for you and your family. Love you~

Bevvy said...

Oh honey, well done. I am glad you gave us a walk through on the journey. You are greatly missed here and so is the family. Wes looks cute with a goatee. Give the kids a hug and take it one day at a time. God will reveal all in due time. I was reminded JUST yesterday of a verse and it spoke to me so greatly. Just about how God's strength is revealed in our weakness. Wow, what a concept, what a thought. Something to cling to as I struggle to stay afloat. I love you and miss my little coffee me. Stay true, stay strong and never forget, we are greater than we realize because we have the King of Kings as our father. Love you. Bevvy