I have tried a dozen times to learn how to drive a manual vehicle. After stripping the gears in several of said vehicles, no one is willing to try to teach me again. I am okay with that. Automatic cars were built for people just like me. Too bad life doesn't have an automatic version. Then we could avoid all the spits, sputters, and jerking-grinding that life can bring.
As you all know, for the last several months we have been in a constant state of transition. Well now the gears are shifting once again. When we left Germany last month we entered a lull, an odd vacation of sorts. We enjoyed our journey getting to Colorado. It was wonderful seeing more of our beautiful country and reconnecting with old friends. But now we are all having a bit of trouble shifting from that state of lull to real life.
We are in our new home. The kids started school this week and Wes and I are busy with all the little details of moving, registering for college, and job searching. Our household goods are making their way across the ocean and life is happening. But for some reason, I still feel like I am in limbo... like I am stripping the gears somehow.
Please, pray with me as I shift from neutral to drive. Who knows, I may even do some off-roading. After-all, I do have mountains to climb.
No comments:
Post a Comment