You can not turn on the news, radio, or log onto Facebook without seeing a mass of opinions over the Health Care Reform Bill. I think that most people feed off of the opinions of others and then form their own opinion based on that rather than looking at the facts and then taking an educated stance on the matter.
As someone who has been on both sides of this debate (with health coverage and without health coverage and stuck in that middle of not making enough money to buy private insurance, but making too much to qualify for assistance), I understand full well the need for reform in the current system.
As a young mother my daughter, then only 5 months old, began to have seizures. We did not have health coverage at that time because my husband had just started a new job and we had not passed the designated period for coverage to start. Had it not been for the kindness and mercy of the doctors at Children's Hospital, I do not know what we would have done. Ashlynn's medical bills skyrocketed; her medicine alone was over $100 per month. As a family we survived that time, but only by grace. I know that there are thousands of people in the same situation. In addition to the countless seniors who have to choose medicine over food.
We live in America... things should not be this way.
I told my love yesterday that this great debate reminds me of a conversation that I had with an 80+ year old lady in the Ukraine in 2004. Her parents had been killed during the rule of the USSR. She witnessed with her eyes the tyranny of communist rule as well as the fall of the Berlin wall, and the new found freedom that it brought. She said that during the communist rule that she had no freedom, but she did have healthcare, rations for food, medicine, and provision. Now she has her freedom, but none of the other things. She asked which is the greater?
To me.. freedom is the greater, but only because I have a living, active relationship with Jesus.. my provider, my protector, my healer. In HIM I have all things.
Maybe people who are so up in arms over this health care bill should shift their focus. First stop your lips from speaking lies. Research this bill. What are the facts? Stop praying for what YOU think is best and start praying that these leaders see a vision of JESUS! That will change EVERYTHING. Look what one glimpse of Jesus did for Saul. I believe that nothing takes God by surprise and that there is a plan and purpose for everything in Heaven and on Earth.
None-the-less, my opinion does not matter. Let's look at the facts:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/Issues/health-Care
http://www.healthreform.gov
I encourage you to read these articles. These are the facts.. not opinions. Fuel your great debate (for or against) this bill on the truth.
1 comment:
Awesome Stacy.. Amen
Where are the pictures??? Love ya Alison
Post a Comment