Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August Baking

One could quite literally bake in this August Alabama heat. It is scorching. I am not sure when the last time was that we got a soaking rain, but it is DRY! In the words of the hilarious Arron Wilburn, "It is so dry that the Baptist are sprinkling, the Methodist have restored to moist towelettes, and the Catholics are praying that the wine be turned back into water!"

Yesterday temperatures reached the triple digits. So my little man and I decided to do an experiment. We attempted to bake cookies in our truck. That's right, IN OUR TRUCK.

We bought some frozen white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough. We arranged the cookies on a metal cookie sheet; then placed the cookies on the dashboard of the truck. We positioned the truck facing the sun, and then with the windows up we let them bake for 5 hours.

They were crispy and yummy!

Here are the photos.




Now I wonder what else we could cook inside our truck?? Humm. Oh, the possibilities!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's HILarious! I used to live in Georgia so I KNOW what you're talkin' about.

Try some of those southern biscuits you conquered a few months ago . . . ;)

Anonymous said...

lol wowww! send some truck made cookies yu,mm