Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spitting Fire

The last few days something has taken hold of me. I am so darn angry. I don't really know why. Of course I can spout off circumstances that are looming and are totally out of my control. But it goes deeper than that. I am trying desperately to hold my tongue; to not say things or make decisions that I will regret. The truth is my life is beautiful. I am so blessed. My love is home. My children are precious. I have every material thing I could hope for. I live in the place of my dreams. I have seen more beauty than my mind can comprehend. I have amazing friends who would drop everything and come running if I needed them. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? I just wanna scream today. But I know that, "Temper tantrums, however fun they may be to throw, rarely solve whatever problem is causing them." ~Lemony Snicket

O, Lord help me to have joy. Let joy be the breath on my lips, the bounce in my step, the strength of my bones. Take this anger from me. Make my path clear.. take control of the uncontrollable.

No comments: