
Form this point forward I will be shifting gears a bit in my blogging. Up until now, it has mostly been about fun and eventful happenings in our life. I have not been very consistent in my blogging. I purpose to do better.
Twists and turns in an army life are quite the norm. In our short three years as part of this army family, we have seen our fair share. I suspect will we see more. In the coming days I will embark on a journey that I thought I would never in my life face. That is the journey of deployment. But before we get to that point, I must first walk through this trail of yet another knee surgery with my love. It is a surgery that could in effect keep him from fulfilling his duty. BUT we are praying and believing for total healing! We have no doubt that God called my love to serve the military. We will not back down, we will not give up.
We have already seen God move mightily on Wes's behalf concerning this situation. We are seeing it again. For those of you who deal daily with the military medical system, you know how frustrating it can be. You also know that nothing happens quickly. But God does have a plan for my love and has moved swiftly to answer his prayers.
Through the grace and favor of a friend, my love was sent to a German orthopedic doctor. He had a same-day appointment that followed with an MRI just 2 days later. He was seen today for the follow-up. The doctor reviewed Wesley's MRI results and concluded that surgery is his best option. Wes is scheduled for surgery Monday, 8 June at 1300. Following surgery, Wes will begin physical therapy on Thursday, 11 June. The doctor recommended 14 days of convalescence leave to recover. He did not give Wesley an end date for the physical therapy. I am sure it will depend on his progress.
Wes came home this afternoon with the biggest smile on his face. He is so encouraged. He knows that The Lord has put this doctor in his path. He is expecting a full healing in his knee before the end of block leave.
We are both fasting and praying through this whole process. We believe that Wes will be fully healed and running by the end of this month. He will be able to lead his team into battle and they will all come home victorious! AMEN!
I can't wait to see the look on the faces of his company when Wes runs to formation lean and trim with no crutches. What a testimony of God's grace, favor, and healing it will be. Our prayer is that God will use this to open the hearts of those who need to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior! My heart races and my eyes fill with tears just thinking about it. Hallelujah!
So as stated in my title, I will be baring it all. The ups, the downs, the failures, and the victories of this Army life.
I hope that you hang in there with me and that through my journey you find hope and grace in your own life.
Peace and Love of Christ be with you~
Stacy
1 comment:
Girl, I will have Wes in my prayers for surgery. Praise God for Wesleys complete healing!!! God is good all the time and ALL the time God is good!!!
Sending love,
Sharon
Post a Comment