Well-P, we got us a Hermann today thanks to my sweet British friend Lisa.
For those of you who do not know Hermann, he is a bread starter that has been leaving little babies everywhere here in Mannheim. I suppose it is like Friendship Bread. This is my first one ever. The kids are excited about it.
There was some hilarious confusion at first that I must share with you.
When Lisa called to tell me she was bringing over our little Hermann, I told my children that I would be right back I was going to get them a surprise. I returned with a little plastic jelly jar filled with milky liquid and introduced them to Hermann. My little red head was quite excited. But when I began to explain his care plan, He became confused. I told the children that we would feed it, it would have a couple of babies, then we would give the babies away to friends and cook what was left of Hermann. My red head started sobbing saying that we could not eat out pets. It took forever to re-explain that Hermann is not a pet... he is bread.
The whole thing was quite amusing.
No comments:
Post a Comment