Sunday, April 12, 2009

In The Valley

Well, as you know I have been praying and seeking what to do during this time of deployment that awaits us. My heart has been utterly torn. I felt a few weeks ago that we had reached the decision that the children and I would move back to the states for the duration of the deployment. I felt relief in that decision. However, it will not be through the avenue that we first thought. I do not know what is to come. I really have to just let it go and give it to The Lord, but this is easier said than done. So the journey continues... The questions unanswered....

This morning I woke myself up singing this song.

Here are the lyrics.

If You Want Me To Lyrics
Artist(Band):Ginny Owens

The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

Chorus:
Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone


So When the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I go through the valley If You want me to

2 comments:

Kilgo4 said...

just checking

christy said...

Stacy, we can always talk in private...but you have my support whatever you decide to do. Honey, staying here during a deployment is a glorious growing time and John likes knowing that I am holding the fort for him...with his children, his car, his own soft sheets...his castle...waiting for him and only him. God used my 15 months to whisper to my heart during the darkest hours and he smiled with me during the "I DID IT!" moments...You can do this! God can do this! I am always here for you.