
Ahh. Spring is finally officially here. Now I realize that the technical first day of spring is in March, but for me it does not begin until Easter.
I love Easter it is my favorite Holiday. It brings back so many wonderful memories for me. As a child I spent each Easter with my Nanny. She loved Easter so much. She was never "religious", but she clung to the name of Jesus with her every breath. (well, expect in parking lots, on the highway, or when someone didn't make her food right... then other names seemed to roll off her tongue a little easier) Any-who, she was a vibrant portrait of southern hospitality. She cooked huge Easter dinners for anyone who would come. Every inch of her home was covered in spring charm. She loved making and receiving Easter baskets. I can still see her face in the kitchen getting everything just perfect for all her little bunnies.
My basket always had a marshmallow egg and a new pinwheel. FUN!!!
O. I how I miss her! How I wish I could kiss her squashy cheeks and hold her gentle hands. Tears roll down my face just thinking of her. How blessed I am to share the name and heritage of such an amazing woman. I can't look at a bunny, an easter egg, or a brightly covered pinwheel without seeing her smile and her beauty shining through it.
On this Easter pull close the ones that you love. Hold them, cherish them. This world is fleeting. It is only a vapor. Today is a gift, unwrap its beauty. Allow your heart to dance through fields of buttercups and let your pinwheels turn in humble gratefulness of THE ONE who has given us new life.
Thank You, Jesus! Thank you for your sacrifice. Thank you for my family. Thank you for not leaving me orphaned. Thank you for my Nanny. Kiss her for me this morning.
2 comments:
I agree with you Spring starts on Easter. I just can't help it. It just isn't Spring till Easter for me.
I think of my Great Granny at Easter. I miss her so. She always made Easter so special. I wish she were here to hug my kids and to make them all her cute Easter foods. ;o) She would have so enjoyed them. I know she is in heaven watching us all.
Happy Easter my sweet sister! Love you so! Hugs to you and yours...Lacey
So sweet...thank you, friend!
By the way...fancy photography! How did you DO that??? :)
Post a Comment