
Last night was one of those nights that you just want to wrap up and keep in your pocket to pull out every time you need to smile.
My precious Ashlynn is growing up so fast. Right before my eyes she is becoming a lady of her own. It honestly scares me. Yet at the same time, I remember the days holding her chubby little hand when I imagined this very moment. The moment when she looks at me as more than her mom, but her friend.
I have never had that type of relationship with my own mother. I instead have created a world of mother's throughout my life that surround me and walk with me during the times when I needed a "mom". I am truly thankful to each of them.
Now back on point... I decided to change things up a bit with my look. I got a new hair-cut yesterday and am changing my style. Ashlynn loves my new craZy look and is ready for a change herself. So last night we mapped out a plan.. a shopping plan. (woot woot) But not before we danced down memory lane at my expense.
Ashlynn found my high-school yearbooks and was more than amused at the hair, the clothes, and even more so the autographs in the back. She could not wait to rat me out and tell daddy about the 'love' letters in the back.
Together we laughed until we were exhausted.
I know that raising a God-fearing daughter will not be easy in this fallen world, but when the trials of teen years come.. I will pull this memory out of my pocket and smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment