Hello my sweet friends.
Thank you so much for your prayers for me as I prepared and spoke to the women of PWOC. God is good. Through your prayers God covered me in peace and allowed me to deliver His message to His daughters. Now that I have spoken the word, I would like to share it with you as well.
God began giving me this revelation in July 2008. Most of you know that last summer was a very difficult time in my life. I was physically very sick, spiritually dry, and emotionally drained. There were a ton of challenges and circumstances going on in my life that led me to a place of utter desperation. I have learned that when you are wanting to hear from God, being desperate is a really good place to start.
I began praying earnestly that God would speak to me. I prayed that He would give me a clear answer to all the questions in my heart. I needed provision, direction, and to know exactly what my purpose in this place was. That night in July I feel asleep praying and I had the strangest dream. In my dream I was in a house that I did not recognize and I was talking on the phone to Wes. I looked out of the window and yelled excitedly to him, "Wes, it is snowing in August in Alabama!" Then I woke up. I knew that dream was a word from the Lord and that He would reveal its meaning to me. Over the course of the last several months, God has done just that. I feel like this is a word for us all.
The word is, "IT IS SNOWING IN AUGUST IN ALABAMA and we need to check our flow!"
Let me share its meaning with you.
Isaiah 55:8-11 (King James Version)
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
We will focus on three words: SNOW, AUGUST, ALABAMA.
First word: Snow
Snow symbolizes two things here.
One meaning is provision, "just like the snow covers the earth and provides seed to the sower and bread to the eater". Our father know exactly what we need when we need it. He tells us in Matthew 6:31-33, to not worry about what we need. He already knows.. He will provide. In this time when the world is screaming RECESSION... as children of God... we need NOT worry. God IS our Provision. We will PROSPER!
The second meaning God showed me is that snow symbolizes purpose, "his word will not return void, it will accomplish what He sent it to do!" God will fulfill the purpose of his word.
So what is it?
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (New International Version)
16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
As a teacher's assistant for children with special needs... it gives me great joy to teach them. Seeing the "light" turn on in their eyes when they grasp a new concept or skill, is thrilling. But there are many school days when I have to rebuke and correct more than I teach. It is not easy, nor is it fun. But it is necessary. Then there is the training. One of the examples I think of when I hear the word training, is when my little ones are preparing to go home for the day. It is cold here in Germany. So all the little ones have not only coats, mittens, and hats, but they also have snow pants, snow boots, scarves, and many other layers. (I fully expect one of them to tip right over at any moment!) It would be so "easy" for me to dress each of them myself and then hurry them out of the door, but I must TRAIN them to do it themselves. It is hard on me as the teacher to see them struggle, but I know that the struggle is necessary for them to learn. I believe that God sees us in the same way. He sees us trying to put on all the "layers". He wants so baldly to step in and solve the problem for us. But He must allow us to go through not only the loving teaching moments, but the rebuking moments, the correcting moments, and the training moments. This is the purpose of His word in our lives... to teach, to rebuke, to correct, to train.
Friends.. we must STOP trying to fit God into our plans... and we MUST submit to His!
Second word: August
August is a time of transition; a time of transformation. It is when the summer ends and a new school year begins. It is the busiest month of harvest. You see the leaves begin to fall from the trees and the year begins to shift.
Romans 12:1-2 (New American Standard Bible)
1Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
2And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
We often beg God to show us His will for our lives. Friends, it is not a secret. But is does have a prerequisite. We must first submit our lives to him. We must be willing to be transformed by His word.
Third word: ALABAMA
Now you all know that I love Alabama. So I thought I had better prove to you its meaning, or you just might think that I was joking because I do believe that it is the Greatest of all 50 US states. ;0)
The word ALABAMA means:
Alla, the Maltese term for "God."
Allah (الله), the Arabic term for "God."
Hebrew
Strongs #01117: hmb Bamah
Bamah = "high place"
Ala "GOD" ; bama "high-place" = Alabama - "God's High-place" ;0)
When I think about God's high place, I automatically think about being on the mountain top. Being on the mountain is refreshing. The air is clear. You can think and hear clearly. Funny thing about mountain tops.. they are usually covered in snow! Covered in provision, covered in purpose. But just like the disciples, we can not pitch a tent and stay on the mountain top. We must go down into the valley. O but there is good news for the valley. You see snow on the mountain top produces water in the valley.
John 7:38 (Amplified Bible)
38He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water.
You see friends, the valley is in our souls. Is it dry? Or is it flowing with rivers of living water? If you are living a defeated life then your river.. your valley is dry.
Job 38:22-23 (King James Version)
22Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,
23Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?
We are in a war friends. In the natural world war surrounds us. All we need to do is turn on the TV to see its devastation. Many of us have husbands, brothers, sisters, friends, who are literally at war right now. But there is a greater war, a more dangerous war. It is the war for our families, the war for our time, the war for our health, the war for our children, the war for our marriages, the war for our finances... O the list goes on and on. But the casualties of this war will not be on your Tv or in your newspaper. No! This war is fought in the valley in the spirit.
Ephesians 6:12 (King James Version)
12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Friends.. you can have victory today! Enter into the storehouse of snow. Allow the rivers of living water to flow through you!
Check your flow today... Friends, you can have victory today! Enter into the storehouse of snow. Allow the rivers of living water to flow through you!
It is snowing in August in Alabama.
GOD'S PROVISION, HIS PURPOSE
IN THIS TIME OF TRANSITION OF TRANSFORMATION
IS FOUND IN HIS HIGH PALCE!
I love you all and I am overwhelmed with joy to be able to share this word of The LORD with you.
Living In HIS Grace,
STACY
No comments:
Post a Comment