Monday, September 22, 2008

Hello From The Front Porch Swing Of Sweet Home Alabama

Good Morning My Dear Friends & Family.

I have sincerely missed talking with each of you individually. I feel as though I have been absent from you all for such a long time. I know that we have a ton of catching up to do. I can't wait to hear back from you with reports from how The Lord has moved in your lives this summer.

I know that without a doubt God had his hands on me and my family as He led and guided us through all the twists and turns of the previous 3 months. I have learned so much about myself, and seen my children grow and mature by leaps. I feel as though we have truly been on the mountain top with God. He has given me a new hope and a new vision. I am so excited about what He is doing in our lives.

Just to bring you up to date:
My surgery went very well. It has been 3 weeks today, and I am already back at 100%. I feel wonderful.
Ashlynn and Caleb have been attending the public school here in our home town of Alabama. They are both doing remarkably. They have made new friends and reconnected with old ones as well.
Ashlynn was asked to be on the homecoming court. She looked beautiful and did very well.
Caleb is FINALLY growing! He jumped from a boys 7-8 to a 10-12. I think it is my mom's cooking; the words "fat-free" do not exist here. He also caught his first bass, 3 to be exact. He is very excited.
My mom is also healing from her surgery. She still battles to accomplish even the smallest task, but she is a fighter and a little stubborn too. So I know that she will be ok. Continue to pray for her healing physically and emotionally. She still has a long road ahead of her.
Wes is amazing. He has been such an anchor of support for me. He has done well being alone in Germany. Although, I know upon my return I will immediately have to visit the commissary because I think he has been living on cereal and tuna wraps.

He promoted to Specialist in August and should be on target to make Sergeant in 6 months. He is still having a lot of pain in his knee, and we received word on Monday that he will have to go before the Medical Review Board. There are several things that could happen. The worst being that he would receive a medical discharge from the army. WE DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN! But we rest in knowing that God has a divine plan and purpose for our lives. HIS Word promises us that ALL things will work together for our good and HIS Glory. Wes and I are still believing for total healing in his knees. Wes wants more than anything to become a Chaplain in the Army, and we know that can't happen if he is on a permeant profile. So we are still believing for total healing. Wes is set to go before the board on 29 October or 20 November. Please, keep him covered in prayer during this time.
The children and I will be heading back to Germany on Monday, 29 September. We are flying Space-A into Ramstien. This is a few weeks earlier than planned, but we know that it is the "right" time to go back. I will miss being here in Bama, and I hate that I did not have the chance to visit with everyone, but I am ready to walk out this next chapter in our life. I know that God has mighty things in store for us.

I am going to leave you with a verse that has been my rock this summer. May it bless you as much as it has blessed me.

Isaiah 55: 10-12
Rain and SNOW fall from the sky and do not return without watering the ground. They cause the plants to sprout and grow, making seed for the farmer and bread for the people. The same thing is true of the words I speak. They will not return to me empty. They will make the things happen that I want to happen, and they succeed in doing what I send them to do. So you will go out with Joy and be led out in Peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees in the fields will clap their hands.

I love you dear friends. May you be blessed beyond measure today and always.

In HIS Care,
Stacy

No comments: